- Building Department
Building Department counter is open
Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
For general questions and applications please contact:
Joanna Haros, Building Permit Tech at:
Building Official, Robin Woodman
For Building Inspection Requests - Please Click Here For More Information
New Application Requirements
We have implemented improvements to our permitting process to better serve you with a new Public Permit Portal.
The Public Permit Portal will enable you to remotely submit permit applications and electronic plans, pay fees, track progress, complete permit issuance, schedule and receive inspection results, and more, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You must be registered to request inspections for your permit in the OpenGov portal.
The City invites you to register and utilize the Public Permit Portal powered by OpenGov. Begin streamlining your projects without visiting City Hall, waiting in lines for service, or printing paper plans, saving you time and money.
Please apply for your permit here:
The phone & email system for scheduling inspections for new permits, applications dated after April 29, 2022, has been replaced by the Permit Portal.
Legacy permits (before the new Public Portal) can still be scheduled through our website at
Disability Access Notification Requirements
Per state law, local agencies are required to provide the following notice to applicants for business licenses and commercial building permits regarding disability access laws.
New Application Requirements Documents
- Building Permit Aplication 2020-06
- Cost Documentation Form - 2022
- Cost Documentation Form - 2023
- CWMP- SV
- Do I Need A Grading Permit (PDF)
- Do I Need An Engineer To Design My Grading Plans (PDF)
- Erosion Control Permit Application Form (PDF)
- Grading Permit Application Form (PDF)
- Septic System Permit Application Form (PDF)
- Sewer Connection Permit Application Form (PDF)
- Special Inspection Form
- Unreasonable Hardship Form - 2022
- Unreasonable Hardship Form - 2023
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms Certification
- Tree Removal Application Form (PDF)
- Do I Need A Tree Removal Permit (PDF)
- Building Permit Application - New 2020 Fillable on-line