- Police Department
- Employment Opportunities
- Police Officer Lateral
Police Officer Lateral
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Scotts Valley Police Department is accepting applications for Police Officer - Lateral until the position is filled. The process for applying for this position is outlined below. Applications are kept on file at the department for a period of one year. Potential applicants will be contacted during that one year period if a position becomes available.
- Thoroughly read the Police Officer - Lateral Recruitment Flyer. The flyer includes salary and benefits information, minimum qualifications, and pre-employment drug policy. Thoroughly read the Class Specification for the position as well.
- Vision requirements may be an issue. Please read our Visions Standards.
- Fill out the City Employment Application Form and submit it electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. It may also be mailed or dropped off at the Scotts Valley Police Department at 1 Civic Center Drive, Scotts Valley, CA 95066.
- Lateral applicants are also required to complete and submit with their application a Personal History Statement (PHS) – Peace Officer at the following link: https://post.ca.gov/portals/0/post_docs/publications/2-251-phsPeaceOfficers.pdf
- Lateral applicants are required to be currently employed by a law enforcement agency and must possess a current Basic POST Certificate.
- After the complete application package is processed, a detective will contact you pending approval of your application to schedule an Oral Board (Panel) Interview.
- Top candidates will be selected for a background investigation in accordance with the POST Commission and Background Investigations Manual. Candidates will also be required to successfully complete, to the satisfaction of this department, a polygraph test administered by a licensed polygrapher, a psychological exam given by a City selected psychologist and a medical exam by a City selected physician (to include a back X-ray and general physical examination). In addition to the qualifications noted above, suitability for employment will also be based on the following POST job dimensions: moral character, handling stress and adversity, work habits, interactions with others and intellectually based abilities.
- The final step before hiring is a Chief’s Interview.