What does the City’s tobacco license require?

The license requires that tobacco retailers comply with federal, state and local tobacco ‐ related laws, including provisions of the City's tobacco license. Information about the City's tobacco license is provided in this FAQ and can also be found in Chapter 5.22 "Tobacco Retailer Licenses" and Chapter 8.25 "Regulation of Tobacco and Electronic Cigarettes Advertising and Sales" of the Scotts Valley City Code Ordinance Number 188. Educational materials regarding state and federal tobacco laws can be obtained by contacting the Scotts Valley Police Department at 831-440‐5670.

Show All Answers

1. How does a Tobacco Retailer License (TRL) work?
2. Am I a tobacco retailer?
3. What are tobacco products?
4. What is tobacco paraphernalia?
5. What is a significant tobacco retailer?
6. What is the minimum sale age for tobacco products?
7. I already have a state tobacco license issued by the California State Board of Equalization. Why do I need a tobacco license from the City?
8. What does the City’s tobacco license require?
9. How much is the license?
10. How long is the license effective?
11. When must I re-apply for a license?
12. Is my Tobacco Retail License transferable if I sell my business or pass it down to a family member?
13. Can I sell tobacco from a mobile location such as a truck or car?
14. Will there be inspections?
15. What will happen if I am cited for a license violation during an inspection?
16. What if I no longer want to sell tobacco products?